The values that guide Adhikaar Aotearoa include;
- We value our relationships;
- We treat people with kindness;
- We look after each other; and
- We create an environment that fosters belonging.
- We are passionate about our shared missions;
- We own what we do; and
- We want to make a difference and leave a positive legacy.
- We aspire to identify our potentials;
- We aspire to have a critical eye;
- We aspire to engage for the better;
- We aspire to create conscious public; and
- We aspire to be innovative and creative in our engagements.
Accountability and Transparency
- Our policies and practices ensure transparency and accountability;
- We welcome constructive criticisms and critiques;
- We would not hesitate to be self-critical and critical of our engagements; and
- Based on constructive criticisms, we would make necessary changes where applied.
Adhikaar Aotearoa is motivated by: i) critical, inclusive and innovative resistance to the imposition, tacit or otherwise, of western queer coloniality; ii) nurturing the desire to share, learn and change; and iii) community-building based on shared experiences of challenging normative and discriminatory beliefs and practices.
The politics of Adhikaar Aotearoa is shaped by the following, and it will continue to evolve;
- Feminisms and queer theory of colour;
- Everyday queerness in all forms, colours and shapes;
- Intersectional views on oppression;
- Diversity in sex, gender, sexuality and ethnicity; and